Utilizing Biome Living Services signifies your acceptance and commitment to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms of service, you are not permitted to place orders, make bookings, or acquire products or services from us.
1. Pricing and Payment
- Payment is required in full prior to or on the completion date of providing you our service.
- We cannot provide test results, reports, recommendations or advice until full payment is made.
- Pricing is as displayed on our product pages or as displayed in quotes contained within emails or quote documents. Pricing is subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price in effect at the time the order or booking is placed.
- Reports can only be provided after receiving full payment. We will provide it to you within 7 business days.
- All reports are confidential and not for public release. Please do not distribute, upload or send it to any third party unless with written permission from Biome Living Services. This includes sending the report to building management, STRATA or contractors.
- You may copy / paste and send a specific mitigation step only when required by a contractor. You may also communicate it verbally.
- Reports are confidential and no personal information will be shared. We may provide contractors recommendations and mitigation details only after you have made contact with them for a quote or to conduct works.
- The information contained within reports are copyright and intellectual property of Biome Living Services.
- Some of our services or when ordering a product require a quote. When a quote is provided, this is the pricing that applies and is agreed upon before products or services are provided.
- Quotes are valid for 14 days after which the pricing is subject to change.
- Quotes must be approved by you before (i) products are ordered or (ii) the commencement
of our services.
4. Equipment Left of Premises
- Some of our services involve testing equipment to be left in your possession or on your
property. These services may include equipment rentals and data logging.
- Rental meters or equipment left on your property for monitoring are under the full
responsibility of you the client.
- You agree to pay for any damages or loss to equipment whilst in your possession.
- To not attempt equipment repairs or tampering whilst equipment is in your possession.
- In order to provide accurate and reliable data when monitoring and data logging is in
progress: (i) do not touch, move or tamper with equipment (ii) ensure pets and children cannot access equipment (iv) do not plug in any devices or appliances within 5 meters (all directions) of the testing equipment.
5. Limitations of EMF Assessments
EMF assessments detect and measure electromagnetic fields and radiation in and around a building or house.
Measurements will be recorded and compared to Building Biology Precautionary Guidelines (SBM 2015). Risk assessment levels will be discussed and a plan of action for remediation will be offered based on Building Biology and other effective protocols.
The results relate only to the items tested. The verbal discussions or information and data within reports are based on single (one time) results and may not be repeatable if conditions at the test site change or if the results are collected during a different period of time.
Assessments and reports are not a structural, mechanical, pest or building code inspection. All measurements are a one time snap shot and measurements may be different on other days or at other times of the day.
We can’t make any claims about the presence or absence of pollutants other than the specific issues we tested for and measurements within the limits of our equipment nor can we make assumptions about conditions in areas of the building that were not tested.
Though we hope the included recommendations will lead to a healthier life, no statement or information provided by us, within reports or on our website, is intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease or any other medical condition.
The reader, viewer or listener is advised to discuss the information provided here with an authorized healthcare practitioner. Biome Living Services shall not be held liable for any recommendations made or not made by the Assessment and within our reports.
The measurements requiring physical connection to building wiring are conducted according to the best electrical practices. Biome Living Services is not responsible for any physical damage to electrical outlets or house power distribution system arising from loose, defective or brittle receptacles or improper wiring.
Most of the inspection techniques, testing protocols and environmental criteria evaluated in were developed by the IBN and based on established practices in Germany.
We use top of line certified and calibrated instruments specifically designed for Building Biologists. While relatively holistic in nature these protocols can’t cover every possible health hazard on any given property. There may be hidden hazards that were not exposed or tested for in this assessment. We can’t make any claims about the presence or absence of pollutants or toxins other than what we tested for.
Absolutely no warranties or guarantees are provided whatsoever. By acceptance of our services the client or other readers hereby release Matthew Cossey, Biome Living Services and any recommended solution providers from any and all liability.